07 June 2014

.vantage point & a Jeep.


. * .


almost too pretty (in my estimation) to ruin by making the bed. but a 'made bed' is always preferable once night-night time comes. smooth crisp sheets, soft pillows, cuddly blankets. truth be told .. i'd much rather just crawl back in and sleep a little life away. some days are like that. everyone has them, those days. instead, i'll take evelyn the precious pooch for a few walks this morning before the sizzling temps take over the day yet again, drink lots of water, have Chinese food for lunch (takie outie), watch a movie (it has been a while since i've watched Persuasion), do a bit of mending, a bit of organizing my junque that's taking up space behind the closed door of a room usually set aside for guests and which was once our daughter's room. 

sidenote ::::: sometimes i walk into that room and smell her.
her .. that beloved daughter.
that only child. 
her sweet scent still lingers and it's so wonderful 
in how it stirs the memories of yesteryear,
before hell on earth happened. 
then i remember 
she's gone from our lives 
and grief floods,
leaving me in a puddle. 
. . .

i find that i must prepare myself before entering that room.
so i usually keep the door closed. 

*
*
*

his ice chest is filled with trail mix, fruit, meat & cheese, and water.. and otherwise *very* safely prepared in all respects and intentions, here's a few pics of my husband in his Jeep, ready to hit the trails. evelyn needed to be in the picture too. she knew you'd like to have a peek at her prettiness. 


ready to go ..



and away he goes . .




the vehicle is an 89 jeep cherokee
with miles in the 350k range.
seriously beefed up,
rebuilt everything and quite capable.
.wink.
the trail today will be an easy ride,
much easier than what he's done
in the past. ahem . .
that's one of his brothers
{guy on left}
spotting his navigation
up the rocks.
eeeks!





until next time . .

hugs,

10 comments:

  1. Dear jAne,

    Know that you are thought of and cared for by people who only know you from blogging. God is with you. I can not begin to understand this kind of crazy pain. Lord bless you precious child of God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling jAne,

    You and your precious girl are in my prayers. Your unmade bed is pretty - I don't blame you in not wanting to fix it up, but I do love a prettily made bed!

    Do you need a steps tool to climb into your Mister's jeep? I would!

    Sweet Evelyn, precious companion.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings to you.
    Trying like heck to rest in the Lord over some matters.
    Thinking about you,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea vehicles could do that!!!
    I'm praying and believing for miracles with your daughter. Your words are heart wrenching, but to live it must be devastating. Hearing your pain, I feel so helpless, but I know prayer is not helpless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, sweet friend, {{{Hugs}}} almost brings tears to my eyes. Praying ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

    You are not forgotten. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. " The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
    and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

    <3
    J

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a little bit of an idea how you feel. The Lord has this. In his almighty hands. Still it is excruciating and frustrating. Bless your heart. I mean it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My heart aches as I read your words. And I continue to pray for miracles of restoration from the Father.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your children will be in my prayers. The Jeep is such a great car, you are lucky that you have the jeep at your disposal as it just helps when you need to transport stuff or feel like going on a road trip in to the wilderness. Great blog thank you for sharing this with us, look forward to more.

    Freddy @ Jacky Jones Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram

    ReplyDelete

pearls of wisdom . . .