06 October 2014

transparency.


The process of moving forward lies in relationship with Him. In my own knowledge and strength I cannot take a step forward without faltering, leaving me in a state of questioning, confusion, or in the depths of despair as Anne Shirley so eloquently (albeit dramatically) stated.



I've no hope in 'the situation'.. new visitors can view this post for an inkling...my hope rests in Christ 

John 12:27-28 reads..

(27) Now My soul is troubled, and what shall i say? 'Father, save Me from this hour'? But for this purpose I came to this hour. (28) Father, glorify Your name.

When trouble comes we too often beg the situation away. Instead, perhaps we should pray asking how the Lord will work in our hearts while the situation exists. Perhaps, our 1st response should for sure be that ... and that He would glorify Himself in and through the situation. Our heart response should be that we want to see Jesus in this circumstance, to have heavenly eyes, for nothing is without purpose and meaning of eternal perspective.

It has been said that sometimes God calms the storm, and sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms the heart of the one enduring..

oh that He would be sought during these times. asking Him to take me deep ... click here .

I'm hungry for His peace ... the peace that passes all understanding (Philippians 4:7). I'm hungry for Him to do a deeper work in my heart resulting in joy. I believe that's happening..

Elisabeth Elliot spoke in a two part series of 'the gift of suffering' as having something you don't want or wanting something you don't have. I was present this particular conference and still recall her exhortation of what to do when you don't know what to do. We are to do the next thing. Put your feet on the floor and with one foot in front of the other, take the next step. For it is He who has placed us on the high (ie treacherous) ground. I can trust in Him for He holds the very foundation. (No matter what (Habakkuk 3:17-20).)

Many, many times I've no idea how to pray for our daughter, that I haven't already prayed. Seemingly futile times bring the heart low. It is at those times however, when I allow my heart and mind to be calmed, that He offers His gentle whisper . . .

trust Me.

oh how He loves.
and oh how I love His embrace. His beauty.

"How He Loves" by the David Crowder Band

until next time ..

"jAne"
{still wearing pearls..}


5 comments:

  1. Praying. Sending hugs. Trusting with you that the answer will come. Soon.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remembering to pray for you...and for her. And thank you for this wonderful post. It was something I needed to read today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friend,

    What He's done in your life is beauty, and I am trusting Him in all of this that He will be glorified and that the ashes in your girls' life will be changed for beauty as well.

    Love you so….

    ReplyDelete

pearls of wisdom . . .