18 December 2014

all is calm .. for the most part.


*


with simple decor up, the church Christmas Tea completed, lots of naps with the precious pooch, walks with noted pooch, hugs for the hubs, i settle into the "calm" practice of baking. 'cept my list of treats is rather long. yesterday i finished 4 different treats and my kitchen counter was scary afterward. i love hot water, sudsy soap, and bleach. i love the aroma of bleach. does that make me strange? regardless... i have 2-3 treats to finish today, then will clean my couch and get her ready for her new owner .. cuz tomorrow we have a new couch coming. found it at a wonderful consignment shop .. and looking forward to it gracing our living room. will share pics soon.

what's on your to-do list today?



7 comments:

  1. I finally took the time to switch your new blog for your old one on my Friends widget. So now I can SEE you. ;)

    I had planned more baking today but I ended up needing to make a trip to the Post Office and run a couple other errands. So I may or may not get to any baking.

    Will do some reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda... holding your plans loosely, as Cheryl from CoppersWife encourages and leads the example in following her own advice. :) instead of baking this morning i started a new batch of chicken soup then took evelyn for a very long and brisk walk. the sun's out..which is fine but i love the fog and overcast days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited a friend today, who lives an hour away. The kids and I loaded up in the van and happily spent late morning into mid afternoon with my friend and her children. It was lovely.

    Now home and cooking dinner. I may try a new cookie recipe later. It's on plan for me! :)

    Can't wait to see your new sofa!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your wonderful postings
    Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesterday - a wonderful, small, intimate luncheon at my home with four of the dearest senior citizens who are part of a Bible Study group my sweetheart leads for the seniors at our church. A precious time made much easier because of your sharing ideas for my 'to do' lists. Today - relaxing a bit and then shopping with my sweetheart to finish up for a couple of dear grandsons who will be graced with gifts that are meaningful.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas Jane. So good to read your news. Yes, I did the baking and decorated even more than I thought I would. I need to bathe the pooch that lives here. :D
    All is calm here too. I'm enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today I'm starting a batch of Dark Chocolate Truffles, to be finished up tomorrow afternoon for a party tomorrow evening. Then, later, we're taking the boys to an early dinner, to the IMAX to see The Hobbit, and then driving about looking at Christmas lights. The dinner - movie - lights thing has been a family tradition for years.

    ReplyDelete

pearls of wisdom . . .