03 February 2015

evidence of things not seen.


from Evidence Not Seen by Darlene Deibler Rose
{second time reading this book..so very inspiring}

*

"The words of Hebrews 11:1 welled up, unbeckoned, to fill my mind: "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." The evidence of things not seen. Evidence not seen - that was what I put my trust in - not in feelings or moments of ecstasy, but in the unchanging Person of Jesus Christ. 
Suddenly I realized that I was singing:

When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His  unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

I was assured that my faith rested ... on the Person of my matchless, changeless Savior, in Whom is no shadow caused by turning. In a measure I felt I understood what Job meant when he declared, "Though he slay me, yet will I trust in Him" (13:15). Job knew that he could trust God, because Job knew the character of the One in Whom he had put his trust. It was faith stripped of feelings, faith without trappings. More than ever before, I knew that I could ever and always put my trust, my faith, in my glorious Lord."

.     .     .     .     .     .     .

the dark paths of life, strewn with pits and stones, shadows and webs .. He gives us enough light for one step, causing us to trust in Him while walking the unknown. this passage is especially ministering to me, and i'm longing to saturate my heart and mind in the deeper meaning only Christ can offer. how lovely that He meets us in the dim places of life.. 

.     .     .     .     .     .     .


4 comments:

  1. Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, you are with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That resonated with me! The truths of those scriptures, about his character, his very self, being trustworthy….

    Deep thankfulness for being able to walk beside Him, holding on to Him, in every circumstance.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanna .. and when we're seemingly too weak to hold on any longer, we realize he's been holding us up the entire time!

    ReplyDelete

pearls of wisdom . . .