08 March 2015

tangelo {& cream}.



the hub's brother is visiting overnight
while on his way further north(west)
to spend time with his grown children.

he brought tangelos 
from he and his wife's garden
which sits minutes from the
ocean in southern california.




i'm loving the spiced orange tone against the cream bowl 
(with excellent crazing). 
and oh look - an imposter in green!



“But sometimes when I was starting a new story and I could not get it going, I would sit in front of the fire and squeeze the peel of the little oranges into the edge of the flame and watch the sputter of blue that they made. I would stand and look out over the roofs of Paris and think, 'Do not worry. You have always written before and you will write now. All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.' So finally I would write one true sentence, and then go on from there.”


10 comments:

  1. I love tangelos. Have some in a bowl in my kitchen right now. Write away, dear friend. Write away! I love to come by and see your photos and the words you choose to share.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  2. adrienne .. looking at this bowl and fruit makes me want a 50/50 ice cream bar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. deanna .. intricate & divine design even in a tangelo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orange you glad for the love.
    Blessings
    Love Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loveliness! And i am lovin that lil pitcher in the background too!! :-) There is nothing like fresh from the source produce. Amazing flavour not to mention nutrients <3. What a kind thing for you loved ones to bring. I likes good eats!!! ~tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. jeanne .. giggle. you're a witty one you are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. tammy .. that pitcher and the other pretties - all from thrifty places. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, to leave the winter fruits and begin with springs delights. Mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete

pearls of wisdom . . .