29 April 2015

for today.



“‘What day is it?’, asked Winnie the Pooh.
‘It’s today,’ squeaked Piglet.
‘My favorite day,’ said Pooh.”

The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh by A. A. Milne

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     

God promises new mercies for every given day,
and today i'm banking on that promise as opportunity
to right myself in what i truly need to concentrate on, 
not distracted with the frivolous, unimportant or idle
or might i say 'idol.' 

and in doing so, my mind-set & heart-set need to be on the same page as his. how does one do this? by getting into the Word, taking time to pray, and ensuring you're **listening** to his gentle voice in your heart! ... and allowing him leadership.

"Lord, help today to receive what You want me 
to have and to do my work as a good and faithful servant."

- Elisabeth Elliott


*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *  






14 comments:

  1. I'm listening for His voice today, too. It's the only way to live!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's the only way to live, yes. and so easy to forget. He alone is faithful. :)

      Delete
  2. What a sweet quote from Winnie the Pooh! I just love those books. :)
    I'm so easily distracted. What a good encouragement you've given...

    ~Michelle ^_^
    Delightful Handwork

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food for the soul here today, Sherry.

    Truth and beauty in every line. Thank you.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. taking in the richness of His nourishment..

      Delete
  4. <3
    "Your words were found, and I ate them,
    And Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart;
    For I am called by Your name,
    O Lord God of hosts." ~ Jeremiah 15:16

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. chewing with molars for i want the meat of His word!

      Delete
  5. Sherry, oh how I needed to hear this today.....we often give it to God in prayer asking for his help to then take it back thinking we can fix it faster then he can get to it. I quietly listen for his soft whispering answer, a gentle tap on the shoulder for getting my attention, a wink of approval I'm on the right track. Yes, and grateful its a new day to listen to him. Thanking the Lord for another new day is best yet.

    Perfect post, perfect day.

    Another beautiful day to you my dear.

    Xx
    Through him anything is possible.

    Dore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm thankful for new mercies because while i am faithless, HE is faithful! and where others have no mercy or grace, HIS abounds!!!

      Delete
  6. New mercies every day - what a huge relief to this gal!

    Love this! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

pearls of wisdom . . .