19 August 2015

notes from a hitchcock episode.




we're camping in the town where The Birds was filmed .. you know - that Alfred Hitchcock horror movie from 1963..? Bodega Bay, California.. there are reminders (threats?!) everywhere, depicting the infamous movie. 

outside my trailer are 3 black birds, one of which is highly unkind brutal to the other two. should i be afraid? i'm concerned the bully is waiting for me to exit my trailer at which time he'll peck my eyes out. all the same, i'll keep my trusty vintage fly swatter close by just in case. i'm sure that'll take care of any imminent danger, hm?

an hour later they're closer to the trailer .. 10 feet from the dinette window. the biggest bird is staring at me... there is something wholly uncomfortable with this situation.

until next time .. i hope. gulp.




10 comments:

  1. How interesting. I loved all of Alfred Hitchcock's movies.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a real bird phobia when I was a kid, due to my mother's love of this movie! She'd watch it everytime it was on TV. Birds used to terrify me.

    Trusting your still okay. ;)

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My eyes .. and life .. are intact. Have to admit it was a little touch and go..... wink

      Delete
  3. I'll never forget the first time I saw this movie, my parents and brother and I were on vacation when I was very young and we all huddled into a queen size bed and turned the light out and watched this movie. I was only seven. I could barely move out of that bed once the movie was over and was terrified to go outside because of all the seagulls. Maybe not the wisest choice for a parent to let a seven year old watch this, but I look back now and laugh, it was one of the best vacations ever with my family.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what a strong memory of being a child watching this movie... yipes! glad you can laugh about it now!!! that film is TAME compared to what is considered entertainment in today's language. :)

      Delete
  4. A/H movies were great, and his narrating at the start was a big adrenaline kick start.
    Tippi Hedren was in the movie the Birds and we all loved watching that movie over and over scary everytime. My Grandfather was an art producer for Parmount Movie Picture studios and would be on location with set designs for many iconic movies such as A/H, Eastwood, John Wayne, the greats....Tippi lived up the street from my grandfather and she runs a wild animal reserve where we have all visited many occasions with her.

    You know Sherry, black birds are said to once you harm them or confront them they always Remember your face, Yikes!! They are a disturbing bird to me, make some outside noise to scare them away...


    Xoxo
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i suppose it's a good thing i didn't swat the birds with my trusty vintage fly swatter then... !

      Delete
  5. You are funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The thought of a birds and a flyswatter!!! Well, my grandma took on a possum with a broom and WON!!!! Might want to keep that flyswatter close at hand :-)!!!~tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. truth be told, i fitted myself into the little trailer closet and shook. right. that's what i did. wink.

      Delete

pearls of wisdom . . .