20 August 2015

notes from the seaside heart.




{found on pinterest}

a few campsites down was a very small chair & hula hoop. 2 little girls - sisters - camping with their doting parents made use of both. it brought back sweet memories of taking our own daughter camping. i called her my sunshine girl & sang her that song. often. but that place that brainwashed her .. took my sunshine girl away.

she loved the coast, surfing down sand hills and boogie boarding the waves. she smelled like the ocean. things became *very* active when she'd have a friend or two along, bringing giggles and shenanigans to the delight of her father and i. 



a little girl to the front of my campsite offered a flashback of my daughter.. doing just this, looking just like this. almost exactly. it was a shock to my heart to see a mini-me of my daughter. saying i miss her is an understatement. 



while the 1st night brought a blessed 8 hour snooze, the 2nd night was less blessed. 4 hours into what i had hoped to be a good sleep, i woke abruptly at 2:45 to the sound of crashing waves and the immediate memory of a dream...about my daughter. back in our lives. i didn't sleep for a long time after that - what sleep i did get was fitful at best.

with coffee brewed .. very strong mind you .. i sat on the side of the dinette that offered an ocean view, recounting details of the dream. and i prayed for her. 
deeply and specifically. 

we live near different oceans, 
but have the love of the sea 
in common despite our distance. 
Lord God - touch her mind and heart.
..and give me strength for the moment.

*
{found on pinterest}


for we're not called to understand Him.
we're called to trust Him.
no matter ...

sherry




15 comments:

  1. Tears. My heart aches with you. I've been praying for restoration. Dear God, make it so...

    Love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh friend, heart touching, heart wrenching. Praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sherry, there are no words to convey here. Just know if it were in my power i would have justice those that did this to your sweet fam. You both have been on my heart and mind here lately. Praying that God would so effect her heart. Comfort and peace and grace and mercy and love to you dear lady~tammy
    AND sleep!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ladies, your tenderness touches the innermost pockets of my heart. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your words - and life - touch the deepest part of my heart. I am praying for you - and for her - and that right will be made wrong. Such a painful - and unnecessary journey! You are much in my prayers. She is there, too.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..or that wrong will be made right :) thank you Ad. Love you dearly.

      Delete
  6. Oh, Sherry, everyone before me has expressed so much of what I"m thinking and feeling. Your writing is beautiful and painful and evokes an emotional response. Gentle hugs dear lady. ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day that program and the people therein Will answer for what they've done to my family and other families .. more than you can imagine. Justice will prevail.

      Delete
  7. We all seem to have such distinct memories of this song- for me it was my Daddy singing it to me. I took it personally-felt it was his song for me. Then I had a friend many many years later who sang it to his dying wife. So S W E E T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what a sweet memory, jonell.. i'm so thankful you hold it close to your heart. and your friend who sang it to his wife..? oh my.

      Delete
  8. Sherry, My heart aches for what you are going through. Strength for the journey. Praying that your daughter comes home. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... and even in this nightmare, He *is* our refuge, our strength, our eternity. :)
      we all have **something** we're enduring. this is simply ours. thank you for praying..

      Delete

pearls of wisdom . . .