05 August 2015

the process of giving up.



*

"My child, if you're really going to do this thing, you're going to have to give Me unhindered access to  your entire heart, mind, soul, and body. Wholeness will come when you've given yourself to Me wholly and let Me fill every empty place in your life." 
{ Beth Moore .. Praying God's Word }




.. "let's not go there," i tell the Lord at a certain point in my prayer time. with eyes closed i turn my head foolishly thinking He won't see me, not wanting to acknowledge that at that very moment He sees my heart hurt with perfect clarity and now is the time to deal with the here and now. He wants to go there and in His gentlemanly way leads me back. He won't give up until .. until i relent, submitting my will to His. finally tired from wrestling i find gentle peace in His embrace, releasing that *one of many things* that ensnares, with the only One who can make the terrible .. beautiful to behold .. 
{ Sherry }


"Loving Lord and Heavenly Father, I offer up today all that I am, all that I have, all that I do, and all that I suffer, to be Yours today and Yours forever. Give me grace, Lord, to do all that I know of Your holy will. Purify my heart, sanctify my thinking, correct my desires. Teach me, in all of today's work and trouble and joy, to respond with honest praise, simple trust, and instant obedience, 
that my life may be in truth a living sacrifice."
{ Elisabeth Elliot }

15 comments:

  1. Thank you for this. I have been dealing with a difficult relative - it's a passive aggressive thing - but I want to just not have to deal with it anymore. Your words and Elisabeth's convict me and remind me of yielding to Him is the most important thing. "Purify my heart, sanctify my thinking, correct my desires." This.

    Love you
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh deanna .. i'm praying for you. that sounds like an awfully challenging situation. gentle hugs.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sherry, thanks for visiting my blog. I thought I'd pop over and visit yours. What a lovely post today and OH SO APPROPRIATE for me right now. I really love that Elizabeth Elliot quote too. I'm going to have to save that one. Hugs from Southern California. SO HOT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so thankful you visited .. and so excited for the plans God has for you and your husband. praying. pretty warm up here in northern california (valley) but nothing like the 107's recently. thankfully!!! ;)

      Delete
  3. Praying for you dear sweet sister. With love and gratitude to God for you. ~tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. {{{tammy}}} wish we were neighbors. ;)

      Delete
    2. Me too!!!!!! Mercy, the talks, tears, laughter, coffee, walks, good food, quiet visits, and all while havin sweet fellowship with Jesus together!!! Yes, indeed that would be so good!!!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful and oh, so hard. The Elisabeth Elliot prayer is powerful. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as if i can hide from Him ...
      as if.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! Your words and those from Elizabeth Eliot. Something I need to remember. Every day!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Lord meets our needs not our wants, and this prayer was beautiful. Keep walking in faith Sherry, you are going to see how much favor God will bless you with.
    I hope the camping Glamping was refreshing to your soul. Looking forward to some house wisdom soon from you, the sharing of the beauty that surrounds you, and your shelter place of all things gentle in your life.

    Beautiful weekend to you and yours.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glamping is ever always a refreshment.
      it's while sleeping in one of our comfy trailers,
      that i actually sleep longer than 4 hours. :)

      Delete
  7. PS. I commented you over at The gardeners cottahe...Janet.
    Was her post not just so refreshing?

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete

pearls of wisdom . . .