02 November 2015

rain.



i woke at 2:14am which in my world isn't very early, it's ridiculously early. but there's a sweet silver lining in this wakeful time. rain. 
rain in drought ridden northern california. praise be! 

i lay quietly listening to the pitter*pat then drenching wetness hitting our roof, trees, and the ground beneath. the cadence of the drops and gentle lullaby of heaven's happy tears helped drift me back to sleep.


almost early (4am) arrived and i woke in earnest. 'course, my husband's dog had something to do with that as well. with liquid life in mug, i padded to the guest room which was once 'her' room and settled in with my husband's dog. she slept. i sat sipping a slow savor of dark blend. 


the rain continues, making the earth once again sodden. i come alive in weather like this. God even saw fit to bless me .. right now .. with my favorite temperature of 56 degrees. how thoughtful. the weather forecast claims rain for the remainder of the day along with thunder.. guess i'll be putting evelyn's *thunder shirt* on her soon, for her anxiety requires it, poor dear. lots of pats and cuddles are planned. 
and i dare say, tea and cookies 
while watching 
A&E's sense and sensibility 
this afternoon. 


 and this..? i take as a promise.....


with love,
sherry

... all pictures found on pinterest ...

12 comments:

  1. I love rainy days when I can open a window and listen to the rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too brenda .. me too.
      a few windows were open a bit so i could do just that thing. :)

      Delete
  2. It's been raining off and on the past few days here in NE Oregon. There's a chill in the air that confirms the season of harvest and that soon winter's freeze will be upon us. Somehow, though, I welcome it all. Here in our little cottage filled with the peace of the One who tells the skies when to open and close I'm content. Love to you, Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the change of seasons is that special anticipation in life..
      wish it snowed in the sacramento area. that'd make things
      just perfect. ((hug))

      Delete
  3. It rained!!!! Wasn't it glorious? I miss you. Coffee sometime?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it did! it was! i miss you too. and yes. ;)

      Delete
  4. I was here. Enjoyed your post immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was here. Enjoyed your post immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've enjoyed the very early morning rains here in Oregon, too. Such sweet refreshing to my soul! Much needed for our land - and for my soul.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rain certainly has healing properties, hm? :)

      Delete

pearls of wisdom . . .