29 January 2016

inside shadows kind of day.



.. and sometimes, 
even on a gray fog day,
i don't open the shutters. 
no. they remain closed 
while i complete simple tasks 
ultimately finding me curled 
under a fluffy comforter 
reading a few or thirteen chapters 
of a new to me book
or write a few pages 
in my commonplace book. 
sometimes both . . . 
with battery operated candles 
offering a smidgen of light, 
enough to read or write, 
i settle in, 
tea at hand, 
and 
maybe a cookie . . . or three. 
the shadowed light 
doesn't bring 
a melancholy mood - 
rather - 
it inspires me - 
offers creative 
flow. 
it's my delight.






16 comments:

  1. Sherry I found beauty and complete understanding in your poetic share. Enjoy an inspirational weekend.
    xoxo,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. in my part of the country, rain is expected all weekend. this makes me happy. :) hoping your little corner of the world is washed in happy contentment.

      Delete
  2. I love days like this too, Sherry. So comforting and cozy.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. looking forward to the next one.. :)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful blog posting as always. I always leave here smiling.
    Blessings
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same, those nesting kind of days have their own "energy" - the calm sort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the kind where you stretch and curl up and let out a contented sigh.

      Delete
  5. What a treasure and a gift those moments of grace filled peace and contentment. Thank you for this sweet and thoughtful quiet joy of sharing. You have inspired me (which happens rather often :-)!!). I will now close my screen and go sit wrapped up on my couch with an actual book and Bible study. Peace and grace to you!!!~tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. may He wrap His cloak of peace 'round your shoulders, friend.

      Delete
  6. and the very fact that you mentioned a commonplace book had me at hello. :-)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello .. is it me you're looking for? wink.
      yep. commonplace book. we should all have one of those thingies.

      Delete
  7. A throw or comforter. . .a cup of tea. . .soft light in a darkened room (especially one darkened by rain or fog) and a book. The ideal environment for exploring thoughts and reflecting. xo ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. simple truth.
      and a fluffy haired dog snuggled close.

      Delete

pearls of wisdom . . .