04 March 2016

dusk.


walking out back with evelyn
the precious pooch .. so she could
"do her thing" before we're in for the night
ushered a beautiful glimpse of dusk
and i wanted to share a few pictures
of my view at that hour. 

toward the west,
birch tree skeletons
before springtime leafing..
though if you look close
there are a few bits of green.



sky .. 
rain is promised by the weatherman.
the truth in that remains to be seen.


toward the east ..
night is falling fast.
i see a street light, reminding me
of two people :: my dear hubby
who's on a business trip in elvis-land ..
and our beloved daughter who lives
{as far as we last heard..}
on the other coast.



and north. where high up in the tree
is a falcon nest. that falcon sometimes rests
on a tree limb - staring. at us. kinda creepy.


another view of that nest.
it's a big'un.


last night i was struggling to stay awake at 7:30. i hadn't slept well the night before (3.5 hours).. so after evelyn's "business" was taken care of, i set the house to lock down, brushed my teeth, put heavy cream on this aging face, crawled into bed at 7:45 and i bet i was asleep by 8. know what time i woke up? i'll tell you. 4am. i got 8 hours of sleep. i don't know the last time i slept 8 hours. seriously... this is truly amazing. and i'm thankful.

even better? my hubby comes home today!
and life will be good. wistful sigh.

.sherry.

p.s. i've been overall remiss in visiting your blogs. like the little train that could .. i think i can i think i can!!






11 comments:

  1. Indeed LIFE is good!
    Beauty in all you see, close-up, or afar.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if we look with a view from deep, we'll see beauty no matter the outward circumstances. :)

      Delete
  2. I loved seeing the world from your place. Happy that your hubby is headed home again. Hug Evie for me. Please.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hubby is sleeping soundly at this morning hour .. and evie is on her bed wrapped up in a cream colored comfy blankie. next to me. of course. :)

      Delete
  3. Sherry,
    Your photos cast a magical spell on me - stunning and spooky at the same time. Glad you enjoyed a solid 8 hours of restorative sleep. Enjoy the weekend with your husband.
    xo,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so good to have him home again..
      tree skeletons are certainly mysterious, hm? ;)

      Delete
  4. Love your photos of dusk. Glad your man is back. My heart still cries out for restoration with your girl.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a million thank you's for praying for restoration. ♥

      Delete
  5. These are lovely sunset pictures, Sherry, and so peaceful. It is raining pretty hard as I'm writing this, and so glad to hear it on my roof. That's nice that you got 8 hrs. of sleep. I usually get 8 hrs. of sleep, but it's always been broken, ever since I had to wake up in the middle of the night to nurse my babies. :)

    I hope it's raining where you are too.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. last night sitting on the couch with the hubs and pooch .. no tv or music playing. just listening to the sound of heavy & steady rain. wonderful.

      Delete
  6. Lovely photos of dusk, Sherry. I rather like that time of day . .when everything is winding down. A solid 8 hours of sleep does so much for my disposition. Most nights I get 8-10 hours. Though sometimes there's a bit of wakefulness in the middle of the night. Glad hubby is back home. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete

pearls of wisdom . . .