19 April 2016

away.


and so i'm doing a bit of this ..


in preparation for a little journey east ..


on an airplane ..


rent a car ..
and hold hands.


and visit .. tend .. & love on .. my father.
he has a little "to do" list for the hubs.
hard for him to get around anymore.
at near 87 years old ..
his knees and feet are in sorry condition
but his stubborn streak remains
incredible strong. wink.


thankful the hubs is going with me this time..

i've scheduled a few posts to be shared in my absence ... recipes. hope you enjoy.




10 comments:

  1. So glad both of you can go bless your father. Safe travels, dear friend.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it'll certainly be easier with the hubs. ;)

      Delete
  2. Safe, sweet travels, and oh so precious memories to you and yours...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it will be the first time in 50 years that i will spend my birthday with him... special indeed.

      Delete
  3. Ah, friend, enjoy your time. Glad the hubs is going with you.

    Special to be with your dad on your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too deanna.. thankful he's coming with me.
      going night night soon. 2:45am comes early,
      even for me!

      Delete
  4. Have a nice trip, Sherry. This is sweet picture of your father, and 87 years old, that's amazing! I'll be here when you return. Have fun!

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. looking forward to 'seeing' you upon my return. :)
      thinking of and praying for you.

      Delete
  5. Praying for safe and happy travels for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope and pray you are having a wonderful visit!! <3 ~tammy

    ReplyDelete

pearls of wisdom . . .