23 May 2016

it's the little things.


taking the trash out to the bin i set my box of lotion infused puffs tissue on the pea gravel with the intent on picking the box up and placing it in the cottage as soon as trash dumping was complete. on my way back i noticed how the box complements the pea gravel. or the pea gravel complements the box design. regardless, it's the little things that stop me in my tracks and i hightail it to the house to grab my camera .. because you've been waiting all day for this national news.



looks nice here too. 
matchy matchy.
that's me.


and in the cottage is a bed ready for a weary traveler.. 
carla .. our guest of honor for a night.


greetings & hugs, food, fellowship ..
then nighty night. all's well.

with love,
sherry




12 comments:

  1. Matchy matchy is a great way to have style!
    Style it is and I like matchy-matchy a lot.
    Blessings,
    d

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i conduct a study of matchiness every time i choose a box of tissue at the store. please tell me i'm not strange.

      Delete
    2. u r not strange.....do you ever try to match the interior of your car and/or umbrella? no longer strange!

      Delete
  2. I'm still laughing. You're so funny. That is an atractive tissue box though, and some of them make you wonder..."what is that"! That bed looks so comfortable I can only wish that had been waiting at some of the places we've stayed! With pretty tissues!
    Hey! I have a rooster lamp too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm thinking that rooster lamp needs a new home. it's just not doing it for me...........

      Delete
  3. Very nice! How thoughtful of you to coordinate your pea gravel with your tissue box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we had a color choice of pea gravel. the soft dove gray tones are working well in our favor. ;)

      Delete
  4. It's the little things I think that bring us joy each day. Your bed looks very nice and cozy for your traveling companion.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. our guest had a very good rest last night..
      she was physically and emotionally exhausted
      so i'm thankful she was able to be refreshed.

      Delete
  5. This post makes me smile!! It is a fine thing when one takes joy in tissue boxes and pea gravel...a fine thing indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete

pearls of wisdom . . .