14 August 2016

new placement for my desk.


.     .     .

moving some things around after a bit 
of downsizing of furniture and smalls 
(accessories, glassware, dishes, clothing), 
with more to come - er - go. one thing we moved is my desk. it's now in the living room against the sidewall and in front of the window. pretty setting. pretty desk. pretty lamp. 
pretty banker's chair that rolls.. 


the desk is a $15 thrift store find..
the chair? it cost considerably more
from the shop in which i work.
the lamp? a few years back at a
mobile boutique gathering. i used
to sell antiques, vintage, upcycles
using a previously owned vintage trailer.
this one :


don't get too excited .. she's no longer up for adoption. my sweet friend peggy 'dopted her. i get visitation rights though it's been a while... hm. this lil darlin' is a 62 totem, a prototype built in british columbia. none other like it. very special. she's 10 feet long tongue to tail, 6 feet wide, 5 feet tall at the highest point inside. she boasts a double bed, kitchen, and closet. such a sweet thing.

.     .     .


10 comments:

  1. It's hard to believe those small vintage trailers have kitchens, beds, closets, etc. It sure is cute. And I really like your desk area. Moving a few things around makes all the difference, doesn't it?

    Have a wonderful week, Sherry.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new desk space. Wish I had a window low enough to look out while I sit here and read your blot. Hmmm. . .maybe I could!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of a desk in front of a window - so pretty.
    And the vintage trailer - how did you let that go? It's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your desk looks right purty in front of the window!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'd get some work done sitting at that pretty desk in front of the window!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty desk. It's fun trying to find just the right spot for things. I'm really enjoying having my sewing desk up in my room now. So much more convenient & it just makes me smile to see it sitting there in its cozy corner. ^_^ How fun that you used to sell pretties too. That's sort of a dream of mine. That camper though. How could you ever bear to part with that lil darlin'? ^_~

    Love,
    Michelle ^-^
    Delightful Handwork

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this desk and chair and I love your little trailer too!



    ReplyDelete
  8. i llllooooovvvvvvvveeeee sweet pea!
    Love her.
    Wish I had her twin.
    Your desk and bankers chair are sweet as well.
    This downsizing is a real challenge to me. Some days I sigh. Like parting with a huge piece of me.
    Blessings,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  9. So darling! But really only five feet high? You could not stand upright?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep. 5' tall inside at the highest point. i'm 5'2" and felt like an amazon. but a happy amazon. the trailer is so conducive to cozy camping. she was adopted by my sweet friend who's the same height as me. :)

      Delete

pearls of wisdom . . .