27 November 2016

a lil Christmas.



somehow i injured my wrist .. at home or the shop is uncertain .. so i'm typing slow, mainly with one hand, and careful in going about my everyday tasks as just the 'right' turn of the joint is rather painful. a foot is giving me grief too . . sigh. thinking a doc visit is needed.

friday the hubs brought down the Christmas bins from the rafters. and i set to work bringing out my/our favorites and leaving the rest stored for now. for now, because my plan is to go through the remainder and sell it all. we're wanting to scale back in big ways. already took care of the autumn bins (now have 1 bin for the season).. it's the Christmas bin's turn .. bringing it down to 1.

here's a bit of what i put up. some will be shocked by the lack of decor.. to each their own dear hearts. our decor pleases us and speaks to our own hearts. in addition to the pics shown, there's a couple extra lil spots in the house with decor. when my wrist cooperates i'll snap a pic and share.

on the hutch:


i found this lil cardboard house at *holly-bobby* last year and painted it. it's a favorite of mine. the vintage tree topper is so tiny and sweet. and i love that the tree has no lights. our lil glitter trees and vintage fuzzy deer are keepers too!


we moved furniture around in our living room. this is one angle .. will share another angle, again, when my wrist cooperates. Our living room isn't that yellow... Just how the picture turned out.

the pottery urn i found at the shop and it fit the tree base just right. i use it all year round .. just different innards depending on the season.


blessings to you on the beginning of this most holy season ..
sherry

12 comments:

  1. And to you too! You decorations are not only charming, but they call me to send Handyman up to our rafters to bring down something. First I'll have to round up this Fall fluff and pack it up. That way he can take it up with him when he goes. :D Love the deer. And the house...and ...well, it's all nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherry, The weekend draws to a close...I too return the fall decor item into a bin or two. I too, have changed my decorations the past few years. There are no small children around here, and mainly the decor is for my enjoyment. I gave up a real tree last year...and didn't miss it. However, I am not ready to give up all the ornaments that I have been collecting. I have been moving to an adult theme and much less. I have more to go thru and give up. I think that your choices are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. here's an idea (that's at the shop i work and i'm thinking of doing myself). vintage framed screen - - hang your christmas ornaments on it fitting the shape of a tree. secure to wall. :)

      Delete
  3. Your Christmas decor is lovely. Love the gold star and plate of trees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Kim. :)
      nothing like a plate of trees to enliven the holidays.

      Delete
  4. Your decor is so YOU. It suits you and your beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're a sweetheart. i should show the beauty surrounding my kitchen sink at this time, as i neglected supper dishes. wink.

      Delete
  5. Your decorations make me swoon. They are just right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks. for us they're just right.
      we rather love the simplicity.. ♥

      Delete
  6. Sherry, your Christmas décor is lovely, and I especially love the star. You know, I always put silver and red out for Christmas, but when I see gold, it makes me smile too. It's perfect for the birth of Jesus. I've seen those little houses at Hobby Lobby and always wanted to buy one. Your living room looks so cozy, and the urn with the little tree is just right for the season.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so right...to each her own! Your decor is lovely...you have an eye for decorating. Love the little house with the scene you created.

    ReplyDelete

pearls of wisdom . . .