30 November 2016

let him eat pie.




recently he made mention of wanting a berry pie.
so i bought blackberries - about 2 cups worth for an outrageous price.

just today i learned that a sweet young gal i know and love
bought scads of them for 10 cents a pint. gasp! awesome deal.

my deal? wasn't so awesome. but sometimes a not so awesome price for something special is completely worth it.. this something will be special to my husband's heart.

with those scant approximately 2 cups worth of blackberries i made two mini pies that are about 6 inches across each. a smidgen of sugar, a touch of lemon, and a dash of cornstarch, little pie crusts. the house smells SO good right now. looking forward to seeing the happiness this will bring.

blessings,
sherry


9 comments:

  1. Delightful! His heart will be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Now I'm in the pie mood. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm...I am sure he'll be happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My guy loves apple pies. I canned many quarts of apple pie filling to make it easy peasy to make him a pie. Yours like fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blackberry pies looks so Yummy, Sherry. Your husband's gonna love it. Yes, blackberries are so expensive at the store, and we used to be able to pick them in the bushes growing up. Those were the days...sigh.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a thoughtful thing to do. I am sure that he enjoyed them immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, YUM!!! I love your sweet little mini blackberry pies - there is nothing like something that awesome wafting delectable delicious smells throughout the house....and boy oh boy do they look GOOD!

    I love mini pies - they stay fresh cuz they just don't last very long! : - )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sherry your little pies look so yummy. Don't you think we receive more blessing giving in special ways - your blackberry pie - to our precious husbands than they do? I'm sure you had a happy hub.

    ReplyDelete

pearls of wisdom . . .