11 November 2016

roasted tomatoes, etc.



on the counter in a bowl sat 10 lonely tomatoes.
next to the tomatoes was a mess of fresh basil,
fresh oregano, and a head of garlic
reaching for the stone baker 
my plan was in the works.
what you see is everything mentioned above
along with extra virgin olive oil, pepper, and a turn
of kosher salt. with clay cover in place, i put the
baker in a 425 preheated oven.


an hour later ...


& in the fridge until ready to use 
(in our case the next day)..


my immersion blender took a bow, 
and with it the perfect whirl .. 
making this decadent mix of tomatoes
and herbs, vegetable stock, and the
dearest dollop of heavy cream.



or do this. in a skillet .. add your eggs alongside some roasted tomato mixture. put the lid on until the eggs come to your desired 'done-ness' then slide it all into pretty Russian soup bowl, add a few parmesan shaves and salt & pepper to taste. .I.N.C.R.E.B.I.L.E. ... trust me. 




4 comments:

  1. Be still my heart! That looks fabulous, I am pinning stat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks vee. :)
      it's pretty good - have to admit.

      Delete
  2. You always make your dishes look so Yummy, Sherry. You know, eggs and toast is my favorite breakfast, and a few tomatoes on the side is even better. That last pic looks incredible.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. simple fare is best..
      and plating it pretty ranks up there too. ;)

      Delete

pearls of wisdom . . .