15 February 2017

.. ♥ ..


valentine's day .. 
my sweet man brought flowers home .. for me. smile.




earlier in the day i picked some daffodils from the garden..
his gift made the arrangement complete and beautiful. 
here's our simple set table .. before the blossoms from my hubs.
as the nester says, 
"it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful."


early that morning i handed the hubs a tray of 50 cuppycakes
to take to work for the troops. he returned home with an empty tray..


while the rib eyes were being infused with 
a garlic & pepper marinade and waiting for the grill, 
i made a salad that went well with the carnivore explosion of flavor. 
alongside we enjoyed a smidgen of pugliese bread.

a bunch of extremely dark ruffly kale took center stage on my cutting board. after removing the woody stems i roughly massaged the green for about 10 seconds which tenders the plant and brings the beautiful flavor to the forefront. thin sliced red onion, pearl tomatoes halved, fat free feta, a bit of bacon cooked well, hard boiled egg,
and a few turns of the pepper mill.
we used barely a drizzle of Brianna's creamy balsamic vinaigrette .. 
you can visit the product source HERE


i don't have a picture of the rib eye steak worthy to share .. 
my apologies. we'll be revisiting the leftover steak tonight though
and adding roasted peppers and onions,
stuffing the mix into little corn tortillas. can't wait!

we enjoyed a couple squares each of a dark chocolate truffle bar
that was surprisingly delicious for only boasting 1gram of sugar!

then we put on a movie and snuggled into our comfy chairs,
whereby i promptly fell asleep & the pooch snored. 
the hubs remained awake.
exciting times in our home. yesiree. 

14 comments:

  1. Your salad looks so delicious, Sherry. I just made a salad with everything you could think to put in it. It was much needed. Those cupcakes look amazing! And the sprinkles add a special touch. I can see why none of them were left. : ) Your Valentine's Day was lovely.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kitchen sink salads! the best. :)
      it was a very nice evening .. 'specially
      when i fell asleep. lol

      Delete
  2. You are the most amazing cook! That salad! Oh and I love ribeyes, too!

    Quite the perfect feast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was a yUmmy feast for sure.. :)
      tried a pinterest recipe tonight to use up the
      leftover steak. ugh. no. not. ever. again. :(

      Delete
  3. Beautiful. ~tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry, I just love how you are so yourself on your blog.

    BTW- your sweet furry friend shares the same name as my eldest child lol : - )

    I don't see anywhere on your blog to become a follower? Do you not have it set up to do so?

    Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comments. Please do let me know about following you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well crud.. i replied to your comment but it's below, not here. eye roll.

      Delete
  5. in answer to your questions, dear michele... :
    * to be anyone else than me myself and i..? is fake.
    i am not a fan of fake people who contrive fake personas and
    fake lives which they share in blogdom and fake out
    everyone who reads their blog. i'll be quiet...
    * your eldest child is royally named then, and i'll let my
    pooch know when she wakes from her afternoon nap. currently
    she's snoring. loudly. and i love the sound. wink.
    * follower. yes indeedy. scan ALL the way to the BOTTOM
    of the page. you're not the first to ask about that. hm.
    maybe i should relocate it. i think i will. so if you don't
    see the follower thingymajig at the bottom of the page
    then look on the side bar, okey doke?
    * ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. That salad looks amazing! I will have to try and make something similar. What kind of cupcakes did you make?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for visiting my little online cottage, mrsT. :) i made two types of cuppycakes: 1) red velvet with vanilla buttercream and sugar sprinkles 2) mocha brownie with chocolate buttercream .... so tempting to each 7 or 20 of the little darlings ... and SO glad my husband took them to work!!!!!

      Delete
  7. Sometimes I CRAVE salads. That bacon is singing my name. Have you ever had spinach leaves, mandarin oranges, purple onion slices and raspberry dressing? Delicious. Blessings to you during valentine's month. All the best,
    d

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love great salads .. i've enjoyed what you mentioned, with the addition of walnuts .. and an orange drizzle not raspberry. hmmm. raspberry dressing. i'll have to try that one - thank you deanna!

      Delete
  8. Hello sweet Sherry :)

    I just finished catching up with you and I hope your mom is doing better. I'll say a prayer that she is.

    That dinner sounds delicious and the table looked just perfect to me. The cupcakes looked fantastic too and I don't think they would have left the house if I had made them ;)

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete

pearls of wisdom . . .