05 May 2017

still.. you soar.



"Father, I'm not soaring today. Help me!"
'Daughter, soaring is not always flying high above the world.
Sometimes one is soaring only two feet above the ground,
just enough to keep you from getting tangled
in the thorns and crashing against the rocks."
{ Elisabeth Elliot }


still.. you soar.


pictures taken at the lost coast of northern california..
the bird? a vulture. charming. we didn't stay in that
spot a terribly long time. we had some off-roading to do!
and muddy puddles and rain puddles to go through - fast!
the puddles are my favorite .. i laugh. heartily.
the outrageously bumpitty bumpitty boo stuff i'm not so much a fan.


we had the go-pro on record.. the hubs is editing the film and adding music, so hopefully i can figure out how to share it here. this particular trip is best done using a 4wd vehicle which we own .. it's more off roading than 4wd which he used only a couple times. i took over a hundred pictures so need to weed out and edit and choose which ones to share. we witnessed so much wildlife .. i never realized how LARGE an elk is - a gorgeous commanding presence! we "happened" upon one and all i could verbalize is "oh crud!" the hubs stopped the jeep and we froze for a few seconds before he smoothly backed out of that area. got it on video but my camera was behind me in the jeep and it would have taken too long to get out and set up and ready. no. safety first. but i did think about grabbing the camera.
pinky promise i did. more later .. with pictures. 

15 comments:

  1. Love that you did this!!! Looking forward to the video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hoping to figure out how to share it.. ;)

      Delete
  2. Still we soar. I love that!

    Can't wait to see and hear all about that trip! Adventure is out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Friend. I've been missing you. I keep missing your posts and finally signed up to follow you through Bloglovin. Now I've solved the "too late" issue. Hope you're well. It seems you had an interesting road trip. I'm very familiar with the size of elk, as we used to have a hundred or so trek through our Colorado property at one time. Boy, do they like to damage the trees during rut. They battle the branches as if they were another elk's rack. (sigh). Someday I'll post my elk photos. I've got several that are pretty fun. Have a nice weekend. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bloglovin.. haven't heard of that one.
      glad you figured out how to follow me ..
      i need to do a better job at following others. ;)

      Delete
  4. Great Elisabeth Elliott quote.

    You sure get to see some awesome country when you go off-roading, huh? A couple years ago, I attended a wedding in Vail, Colorado. While there, a bunch of us rented ATV's and, thus, saw some incredible beauty that we wouldn't otherwise have gotten to experience.

    blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. seeing things from an entirely different perspective ..
      that's but one of the beauties of going off-road. :)

      Delete
  5. Of course I enjoyed reading about your adventure, but may I say you had me at the title of your post... Still... you soar. yes. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. continual & needful reminder .. that title and description ♥

      Delete
  6. The elk sighting must have been something else. I look forward to seeing your pictures of your trip, Sherry. It sounds like you had a great time.

    ~Sheri

    ps love the Elisabeth Elliot quote. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my mother's visiting so hopefully soon (sharing more about the trip). going to be toasty today .. then back to the 70s tomorrow hopefully. :)

      Delete
  7. Aren't Elk wonderful? They're such large but beautiful creatures. I'm glad you didn't get out to take a picture! I like going through the water better too. The bumpity stuff isn't really my thing either.

    By the way... I love your new glasses! AND Happy belated Birthday!!! I love how much you both love each other.

    xoxo,
    rue



    ReplyDelete
  8. Finally in a place with Internet connection. Catching up with a bit. There elk all over the South Rim of Grand Canyon National Park. They walked right by people to get to places they chose for their mealtime feasts. So glad you were able to go to the Lost Coast evendors for a bit. Would live to see more of your photos when they are ready.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete

pearls of wisdom . . .